Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Floor stand for "fat" tire bikes

3985 Views 13 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Calsun
I have been looking without success for a floor stand that will work with 2.5 inch wide tires. They all are maxed out at 2.4 inch wide tires at most. Has anyone found a good floor stand that will work with fat tires?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Bicycle Bicycle wheel rim Tire Bicycle frame Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

You could also get the ubiquitous two sided, six bike one, and cut out some supports. Viola, three bike fat rack.
See less See more
Feedback Sports Rakk XL reviews on REI website are very negative for this product.
You could make one using 2X4's or PVC pipe.
Reactions: 2
Feedback Sports Rakk XL reviews on REI website are very negative for this product.
I have one that I think might be an older version and it held my 2.8 27.5+ bike very well. But, I admit it doesn’t do a good job with my 2.4 29er. It can also slide on the floor which can be a bit annoying. I have moved on and built a rack with wood similar to what rideit posted. If you like DIY, it’s a great way to go as you can make perfect for your tires and number of bikes.
This claims to hold 5" tires: Thule Insta-Gater Pro

It's made for a truck bed but works just as well on solid ground.
You might want to look at MTB Hopper bike stand. Link here.

From the MTB hopper Website - "Suitable for various bikes: Road, Gravel, XC, Trail, Enduro, DH, Fat bike, etc. Suitable for: 24', 26', 27,5 & 29' inch wheels with tires 1.8 to 3.0 width."

See less See more
Reactions: 2
These are the best floor stands Commercial Grade Bike Stands & Bike Racks | WillWorx Fat-Rack

You can get them through your LBS or order them online.

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel rim
See less See more
I use this Bikehand model and like it because it works with just about any size tires and wheels. The two rollers keep the bike centered without leaning to the side no matter what size tires you have. They also make a standard size model which I use for my road bike.

Musical instrument accessory Event Bicycle part Font Audio equipment
See less See more
Reactions: 1
How about a "Scorpion Stand"

These work no matter what type of wheel/tire you use.
got this 2 weeks ago - works perfect on the 2.6 tires on my bike. $32

A lot of good choices. I really like that Hopper stand. It gives you more than one tire size to choose from.
I am using this one which is the most adjustable although the locking screws need to be retightened from time to time.

No issues with the disc rotors hitting the stand with this one.

This one costs twice as much but works for tires up to 4" wide.

Putting up a storage shed for up to 6 bikes and want to be able to wheel the bikes in with the rear tire at the back of the shed and in a stand. I need to be able to adjust the spacing between the bikes and so a ready made multi-bike rack is not a solution.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.