Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Klic Floorpump for Christmas and every time I use it it pulls my valve core out of my tire. The way it goes on it threads to the presta valve but when I go to take it off it just unthreads the valve and spews air everywhere...rendering it useless. I thought it could just be my setup but after trying on girlfriends bike and others it does the same thing. WTF this overpriced piece of junk! Has anyone else had this problem with either this pump or similar pumps that thread to the presto valve? Am I just an idiot. Waste of money IMO, and annoying. Glad it was a gift...

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
5,986 Posts
how tight are you tightening the core with a core removal/install tool ?

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
5,986 Posts
yeah, use a push on rubber head that clamps....but isn't the Klic threaded so it can dump a huge canister of air all at once and not blow off the valve ?

but yeah....see if you can get a push on head that has a lever to grab valve tighter

I haven't had any issues with this exact pump head...mtb, road bike...all reliable for me

Topeak "Twinhead" Pump Head and Hose

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a similar valve head to the Klik design on a Lezyne pump. The trick I've found with that is to release the pressure in the hose by loosening the thread adapter from the hose, once the pressure is released the adapter can be unscrewed from the presta valve without the excess torque which is causing your trouble.

I've not tried this on a Klik pump, let us know if this works. If it doesn't I'll delete this post. Good luck.

·
Magically Delicious
9,562 Posts
Do you have to screw it on at all? I have Lezyne with a head that can be screwed on, but it works fine by just pressing it on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a similar valve head to the Klik design on a Lezyne pump. The trick I've found with that is to release the pressure in the hose by loosening the thread adapter from the hose, once the pressure is released the adapter can be unscrewed from the presta valve without the excess torque which is causing your trouble.

I've not tried this on a Klik pump, let us know if this works. If it doesn't I'll delete this post. Good luck.
Will definitely try this! Hope this solves some problems..fingers crossed. will let you all know

·
No known cure
4,192 Posts
You change the head to a clamp on style.
This doesn't always work. My Park floor pump blows the head off the hose always. It's the biggest POS floor pump ever. The flip lever has never worked also. I press it on and the hose pops off the head. It's less hassle to use a mini pump.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts