Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
They are fun, and all this snow we're getting this year is great. Sadly they are a bike that needs gears to really get the full use. I hear the Alfines are working out pretty well, just don't leave the hub out in the cold while not in use or it may stop shifting (changing the lube does fix that) but it will always engage because it uses the cold weather proven silent clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Schmucker said:
They are fun, and all this snow we're getting this year is great. Sadly they are a bike that needs gears to really get the full use. I hear the Alfines are working out pretty well, just don't leave the hub out in the cold while not in use or it may stop shifting (changing the lube does fix that) but it will always engage because it uses the cold weather proven silent clutch.
Gears huh? Maybe next year when I am old I will wet more gears...

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
Gears huh? Maybe next year when I am old I will wet more gears...
Maybe when WI makes a 34T freewheel you can just run the granny and that and you won't need gears. Going through the snow puts me in 22/34 often enough. You also can't stand and mash because of the need to weight the rear tire for traction. If you only ride packed trails then you can get away with an SS, but a Pug is for adventuring.

·
singletrack bound
3,158 Posts
ernesto_from_Wisconsin said:
nothing like waking up to a flooded basement. Buckets of lube just made it alive. My cardboard boxes of bike parts soaked...including some ENO stuff...good thing that's metal that will just dry out. My new Bontrager fork was in the box, and there's water in it. ugh!
Nothing like melting snow demons.
Hope you kept the jewelry above the water line!
Love my ENO cranks by the way....
Tone.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.