Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just acquired a Bronson, and although I love the bike I find the rear suspension to be lacking a bit. It doesn't seem terribly active and not nearly as plush as other bikes (even my old RM Slayer with RP23) despite having the right level of sag, etc.

Living in the alps my riding tends to be big alpine descents and lots of them. I want something that's a bit more active and supple in the rear that can handle long descents.

I have the opportunity to get a Float X at a reasonable cost, or do get a PUSH tune on the existing Float for about half the cost of the Float X. I'm not considering the CCDB since I'm not super savy on tune settings and want something that's mostly set and forget.

Anyone got any experience with the shock? How much better is it than the standard Float CTD? Especially anyone got feedback on how it performs with the Bronson, I've heard mixed reports, most people seem to believe it's a significant improvement, yet SC don't recommend it themselves.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm currently using FLOAT-X on my 2013 BLUR LTC, after I have swap I wouldn't say it as a day and nitght different but it has a noticeable more active and agressive feeling. Espeacilly in the longer descent you'll noticed the difference easier. IMHO I think it's worth the upgrade.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Another option might be getting a DHX air for cheap and sending it to Avalanche Suspension for Craig's full custom tune and speed sensitive damper mod. It'll definitely be setup for your riding style and the bike. I have the Avalanche fork cartridge and had my CTD Evo shock revalved (cheaper Evo can't accept the ssd damper) on my Bronson and such a huge difference to the handling and small and big hits. After having custom setup suspension I don't think I could ever go back to an off the shelf shock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
I'm currently using FLOAT-X on my 2013 BLUR LTC, after I have swap I wouldn't say it as a day and nitght different but it has a noticeable more active and agressive feeling. Espeacilly in the longer descent you'll noticed the difference easier. IMHO I think it's worth the upgrade.
I'm considering a Float X. What did you have prior? Float CTD? RP23?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.