Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MattSavage
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run an AVA on their Dakar? I have a Dakar Pro (see "show me your Jamis" thread) and am thinking about putting a Pushed Fox Float AVA on it. I understand certain frame designs will blow through an AVA's travel more than others, would this be true with a Dakar??

·
Registered
119 Posts
mattsavage said:
Has anyone run an AVA on their Dakar? I have a Dakar Pro (see "show me your Jamis" thread) and am thinking about putting a Pushed Fox Float AVA on it. I understand certain frame designs will blow through an AVA's travel more than others, would this be true with a Dakar??
I doubt I can help you but what is your ultimate goal by doing this?

·
MattSavage
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...

MrAnderson said:
I doubt I can help you but what is your ultimate goal by doing this?

I want a stable platform shock. I have a friend who who has a faulty AVA that can't be warrantied, so I thought I'd buy it, rebuild it, and give it a shot. I'm new to full suspension and am familiar with designs but not how they react with different types of shocks and how different shocks themselves work. It seems like for the last several years there's something new out every year and it's getting overwhelming, especially for someone who hasn't been in the game that long, at least the full suspension game.

I don't have an ultimate goal, just an opportunity to try something new and am looking for some input from someone who might know something.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Float AVA on my Dakar

I put a Float AVA on my 2001 Dakar Expert. It came with a Fox Vanilla R, which worked great but I wanted to upgrade. I really like the AVA because you can adjust the spring rate (to an extent). I ran it with the collar all the way in and all the way out in my original test period. All the way out is how I left it because it gives a nice linear feel but isn't too spongy in the initial travel. The shock is definitely lighter and has been very reliable for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts