Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm pretty new to mountain biking, borrowed a friend's Specialized hard rock to do a couple 13+mile runs and want to dive into buying my own bike. With what i've researched, i've really liked the Haro Flightline. Here's my question...my LBS won't order a bike like this without a down payment cuz they are such a small store. Is it worth it? Seems like an awful risk to me, although I love the bike. I'm about 6'1-6'2" and about 208lbs. Would be riding trails, some rails to trails around here in PA and some woods trails. Seems like a good deal to me, in the sport version, would I be better suited for one more step up?
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you can swing it any upgrade is going to be worth it...You might also take a look at the escape, the regular escape is priced between the flight line sport and the flight line comp, it does weigh a bit more but the frame is beefier also.

·
Registered
412 Posts
kidcurry73 said:
If you can swing it any upgrade is going to be worth it...You might also take a look at the escape, the regular escape is priced between the flight line sport and the flight line comp, it does weigh a bit more but the frame is beefier also.
Hey, you took the words out of my mouth................. :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just think that those of us who are shall we say...not small can benefit from a beefier frame, as long as you are not a weight weenie :) ...but yea the flightline should be fine, its a great bike but like I said before, what ever you get, get the most bike you can afford. You can always up grade as things break but who wants things to break?

I've been riding my escape for a year now (I am 220lbs and 6') and it has been rock solid. Its not light (33 for my escape vs 31 for the flgithline) but neither am I. I like to do small jumps and I wanted to be sure that my frame was going to be up to it. I am pretty sure you'll be happy with either bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help, my LBS is small and if I have to order something, i have to put out money up front...i don't want to order a wrong size and get screwed over. It's kind of a scary thought. It's nice to have something to go on though. 20" flightline it just may be! Thanks again.

·
Registered
96 Posts
usually your LBS will make it right if the bike doesn't fit. bike shops usually like money upfront to make sure your serious about buying the bike, so they don't get screwed over. just because you front the money to order the bike doesn't always mean your stuck with that exact one. a good LBS will make sure your on the right size bike even before they order it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.