Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What flat shoe. I have vans now but the bottoms are going fast. Looking at DC but what model. I do not like shoes with the option of spd to stiff and I like a heal bag.

·
Registered
497 Posts
personal preference, mainly

elvis said:
What flat shoe. I have vans now but the bottoms are going fast. Looking at DC but what model. I do not like shoes with the option of spd to stiff and I like a heal bag.
All DCs are designed for skating, so the all share certain characteristics - a grippy, flexible sole and a comfortable insole. Some models have the 'air', others do not. Bottom line is, you really can't go wrong. They don't make a cycling-type shoe, so no stiff soles or SPDs. I like the Manteca- relatively cheap, good ankle protection (and I bought the h2zero version, which is relatively waterproof). I would pick a pair that is comfortable, well-padded, and with a sole pattern that looks like it would grip your pedal pins well (lots 'o little holes or crevices). Maybe stay away from the trainer-style, they look like they'd be a little sketchy. Basically, pick a pair and ride' em-- they're all pretty damn good.

·
n00b eternal
633 Posts
Not that it matters, but DC has had several Mirra models. I actually really liked the Ratio Mirra shoes from a couple years ago. I think Dan's Comp still has some. They had a sock liner that kept crap out of your shoes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.