Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wellgo MG-1 are look good and are cheap and light.

I use Shimano DX platform pedals. I would have gotten the Wellgos, but they didn't have any in stock. So I paid a bit extra for the DX. I think the DXs have loose bearings so you can service them yourself.

There's not too much to think about when it comes to platforms. Changeable studs, weight, price, grippiness, wow factor, colour....

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
I can recommend the DMR v12 - amazing quality in a classic form/shape at a good price(no need to go with the magnesium version if you don't really feel you need to for weight reasons or whatever). These are not the biggest of the flat pedals out there (by far not, actually), which may well make them ideally suited for the kind of riding you are likely to be doing on that bike - in other words they feel good to pedal all day long, and are still up for abuse if you want to have a little extra fun now and again. They are very grippy, and have replaceable pins (you can even go for the "terror pins" they sell if you feel you need extra extra grip....I doubt you will though, the stock pins are pretty grabby).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently bought a set of Wellgo B67's. I'm very pleased with them. They have sealed bearings and more replacable pins than I've ever seen(13 per side). I think I got them from Pricepoint for like $45. Dan's Comp has alot of good platform pedals too. Loose bearings require maintinance and that is time you could be spending on your bike, not just with your bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.