Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Out of the three companies, Risse, Go-Ride and Marzocchi, who offer flat crown replacement products for a 2005 Marzocchi 888, does anybody have a recommendation on which is the best in terms of durability and fit. I want to upgrade to flat crowns but I need some opinions first. Marzocchi may be the one to go with but I’m not 100 percent sure I want to pay that much…
Thanks for your help.

·
My arm hurts a little
1,471 Posts
All really the same. One buddy got Risse another Go-Ride. Samething. Get what ever is cheaper. You will like the lowering Crowns makes a world of Diff.

But the crew dose lean towards Risse just because they are a Sik Company.

·
rollin
2,646 Posts
#1ORBUST said:
the crew dose lean towards Risse
risse is the lowest price, plus they have a removable/replacable steertube, which is handy if you end up switching frames and need a longer steertube (happened to me). also, risse has larger bolts that don't slip the allen as easily.
i would go with either risse or marzocchi. if you're gonna drop the coin for the go-ride crowns, might as well get the marzocchi ones.

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
go for the gold risse crowns-----real perty. They r def cheaper than Zoke crowns by about 30-60 bucks(got mine for $110). The color and the replaceable BOLT IN steerer tube plus the oversized hardware had me sold. Plus i hear they r a drop lighter than zokes. did i mention the gold?

Attachments

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
aixelsyd said:
danny monky where did you get yours for $110? I've only seen them for $150
i got a good deal from a shop that had them laying around for a while so he charged me cost + shipping so he broke even.

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
I'll trade you my top 2006 Zoke flat crown for your top 2005 drop crown.

At least you'll have the equation.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
888 Flat Crowns...

Thanks a lot for all the information. I'm going with the Risse Flat Crowns. Beyond Bikes has 'em for 170.00 + 10.00 shipping.
Thanks again.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,988 Posts
e<i>o said:
I'll trade you my top 2006 Zoke flat crown for your top 2005 drop crown.

At least you'll have the equation.

u and every one else with a large head tube

·
Xtremely Moderate
3,098 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
u and every one else with a large head tube

Yep.
Me and my big fat head................tube.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts