Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Zach Kowalchuk
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good but cheaper flat bar. I took a hit on my bike and bent the crap out of my bars.

·
Zach Kowalchuk
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dogonfr said:
Some one is trying to tell you to go with a riser bar. :D Check Spadout they make shoping easier. :smilewinkgrin:

http://www.spadout.com/c/handlebar/
could you explain the advantages of a riser bar? how hard would it be to install on a dynatech? Its the older ones with the 1" headsets. you have to slide it through the thing the handlebar goes in.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
zadey1234 said:
could you explain the advantages of a riser bar? how hard would it be to install on a dynatech? Its the older ones with the 1" headsets. you have to slide it through the thing the handlebar goes in.
It puts you in a more up right position which increases control. Installation should be no problem you may have to wedge a chisel or screw driver between the gap for the curves but kinda doubt it. :thumbsup:

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
Titec Flat trackers at pricepoint

I have a set of these on my bike that's more 'xc' oriented. Has the back sweep and up sweep of a riser without any rise. Plus they're nice and wide so you can ride it as is or cut them down to the usual sub 600 mm length of most flats. I feel less flex than my 1 inch risers but I may just be imagining that.

They're unlabeled and seem a tab bit heavier than the titec flattrackers with labels but they cost about 1/8th of the price.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/15...itec-6061-Flat-Tracker-Flat-Bar-(No-Logo).htm

REEK

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you wrecked bad enough to "bend the crap out of" your bars then you may have headset/stem damage anyway. Replace it all for under $150 tops, with good parts. FSA makes good bars and HS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.