Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running their Pacer's as a flat bar? I'm expecting a Pacer frame in any day for the wife. She insists on having a flat bar. Rather than argue, I'll just oblige her. I need some tips on shifters, stems and flat vs riser bars for an occasional use bike. This is not a serious road bike.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Happy girl = easy life. Put a flat bar with a bit of sweep on that sucker with nice nice Ergon grips. I would even go so far as to say put the Surly Open Bar on there for extra serious comfort. Paul Thumbies are super easy to use intuitive as far as shifters go. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice bike. What gearing do you have on it? Thanks
42t chainring, 11-28 cassette. It was useful for street/trail riding and moderate hill climbing. But this pic was what it looked like back in January of 2011, now I have a full road drivetrain on it, outgrew that combo and needed more top-end and the snaller 39 ring of my ultegra 52/39 crankset helps make longer climbs easier too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone running their Pacer's as a flat bar? I'm expecting a Pacer frame in any day for the wife. She insists on having a flat bar. Rather than argue, I'll just oblige her. I need some tips on shifters, stems and flat vs riser bars for an occasional use bike. This is not a serious road bike. By chance is she a runner?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone running their Pacer's as a flat bar? I'm expecting a Pacer frame in any day for the wife. She insists on having a flat bar. Rather than argue, I'll just oblige her. I need some tips on shifters, stems and flat vs riser bars for an occasional use bike. This is not a serious road bike. By chance is she a runner?
Learn how use HTML Pacer1. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.