Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
So, Limon.....finally got tired of waiting for the never-to-arrive flash carbon - don't blame you. Looks like the new rig could be super light if you put the bits you had reserved for the 26er on this:thumbsup:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
always wanted to try side by side a 26 and 29er so I'm going to use similar components with the 2 Flashes.

parts list
frame Flash alloy
fork Lefty DLR SL 29'er 1186g
steertube Mattias carbon 97g
headset Cannondale
BB Hollowgram SI
brakes Formula R1 or martas
cables Aligator/powercordz
cassette XTR
chain kmc 222
cranks Hollowgram SI SL
bolts SI SL
ring bolts Al 7
s ring 27t by Mattias
b ring 39t Shimano
f der DA
r der DuraAce 136
grips foam 13
bar TLO 78
qrs ti boltons
seatclamp carbon 7
seat Arione 167 or ?
seatpost New Ultimate carbon
shifters Plasma 153
stem extralite 86
rims ZTR crest
front hub Tune or cannondale
rear hub american classic
spokes Ti
tires ?
tubes notubes
rim strips rox 4
pedals 4Ti

·
Registered
182 Posts
The 29er Lefty is simply a 26" version with a spacer to reduce the total travel.

Limon, have you experimented with a shorter spacer?? The Lefty has a 470mm A-C length...if the average 29er tire has an outside diameter of 725mm

470-(725/2) = 107.5mm

That is the travel limit when the tire will start rubbing the clamps...but you can extend the travel up to 95mm and still have 12.5mm of clearance

What do you think??

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers! said:
you should build this bike single speed!
I'm working on another 29'er rigid single speed with a steel frame and niner carbon fork but this one will be SS at one point

AlexRandall Your stable of bikes grows ever more impressive, hope you've got great contents insurance on the house
if I get insurance on the bikes I wont have money left over for more bikes :D

Epic-o Limon, have you experimented with a shorter spacer?? The Lefty has a 470mm A-C length...if the average 29er tire has an outside diameter of 725mm

470-(725/2) = 107.5mm

That is the travel limit when the tire will start rubbing the clamps...but you can extend the travel up to 95mm and still have 12.5mm of clearance

What do you think??

sounds good show me how so I can do it I have no experience with tuning lefties.

Duncan1104 Why not the Extralite lefty hub? Isn't that lighter than the Tune?
I wan't to try them both

limba You're getting an aluminum 26" Flash or a carbon?
carbon

·
Hack Racer
2,559 Posts
Another bike? I think you have like 3 on the go right now. Crazy.

I don't have any more space for anymore bikes. I will be moving into a condo shortly. Even if I did get a 5th bike, it would have to be considered very hard due to space constraints.

It would either be:
-Lynskey 29er single speed belt drive
-Cielo 29er single speed
-Pivot Mach 5
-Independent Fabrications something (either road/mountain/singlespeed/geared?)
-or nothing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the 29'er rigid ss I had for a while I'm just upgrading the fork on it.
if I was going to get another bike it would be a custom carbon mach 4 or 5 by parlee :cool: one day...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.