Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,805 Posts
I just got off the phone with my dealer "maybe" the end of this month "maybe" January he will believe it when he sees it. I piggybacked my order in late September when they put the order in for bike shops racing team at that time. They gotta bunch of the carbon 29er and scalpel teams and super-sixes on the way. (Mmmmmmm new road bikes)

One of my racer friends who rides for another shop ordered his flash 29er carbon 1 in October sent me an email yesterday that his shop is telling him mid-January both of these shops are long time Cannondale dealers and sell a bunch of high end Cannondale models so I’m assuming they are pretty high in the pecking order and I would assume that Cannondale is going to ship out the pre-orders to their top stores first.

Dan my issue now is getting the SRAM XX 26-39 chain rings for my SRAM XX hollogram spider and I called SRAM they told me the dealer has to go through the suppliers Quality, BTI etc...The dealer called Quality, BTI etc...and they don't even have it listed or know how to get it so now what? Use your insider knowlege super powers Dan.

I gotta feeling I’m going to be purchasing a XX 26-39 crank set just for the damn chain rings.

· Registered
61 Posts
HAL 9000 said:
I just got off the phone with my dealer "maybe" the end of this month "maybe" January he will believe it when he sees it. I piggybacked my order in late September when they put the order in for bike shops racing team at that time. They gotta bunch of the carbon 29er and scalpel teams and super-sixes on the way. (Mmmmmmm new road bikes)

One of my racer friends who rides for another shop ordered his flash 29er carbon 1 in October sent me an email yesterday that his shop is telling him mid-January both of these shops are long time Cannondale dealers and sell a bunch of high end Cannondale models so I'm assuming they are pretty high in the pecking order and I would assume that Cannondale is going to ship out the pre-orders to their top stores first.

Dan my issue now is getting the SRAM XX 26-39 chain rings for my SRAM XX hollogram spider and I called SRAM they told me the dealer has to go through the suppliers Quality, BTI etc...The dealer called Quality, BTI etc...and they don't even have it listed or know how to get it so now what? Use your insider knowlege super powers Dan.

I gotta feeling I'm going to be purchasing a XX 26-39 crank set just for the damn chain rings.
Are you looking for chainrings ?

Funny, first available here in Europe and not in the USA !

I received mine this week.

http://www.bikesport.be/index.php/catalog/nl//cid=search/Sram%20XX%20Chainring%2026/pid=3253/

http://www.bikesport.be/index.php/catalog/nl//cid=search/Sram%20XX%20Chainring%2039/pid=3252/

http://www.bikesport.be/index.php/catalog/nl//cid=search/SRAM%20XX%20CHAINRING%20BOLT/pid=3256/

· Registered
1,805 Posts

· Registered
657 Posts
I have an email from Cannondale showing my ship date on the carbon frame is the middle of February. I probably wouldn't be riding it right now anyway. My 29'er 5 is due next month. That would see the most use right now.

· Registered
29 Posts
i have ordered my carbon flash 29 the 31 of august! :mad: :madmax:
it was the last day i can order that bike in italy.
after some certain, but unreal, shipping date i cancell my order the 4th of this month!
really i don't understand the cannondale policy :nono:

· LA CHÈVRE
9,400 Posts
HAL 9000 said:
Sorry, I have no strings to pull at SRAM but the wait is to be expected to some degree. One of the main reason Cannondale can't ship bikes quicker is because they often don't have the parts from components manufacturers (probably not the case with the Flash Carbon 29er, they said it would be released later than the rest from the start, it wasn't at the same stage of testing and development, rather than rush it to production and have a less than perfect bike or have issues with it, they just said, 'they will be available later'). It's not uncommon that some companies can't keep up, particularly at this time of the year when every bicycle brand are trying to get the 2010 bikes out. Shimano, SRAM and others have huge amounts of parts to produce and everyone wants them at the same time so delays happen. As for the XX rings, same thing, they just started to ship XX parts, it's a new product and my guess is that they will prioritize the complete cranksets and OEM orders before making the spare chainrings available...

· a shop guy
27 Posts
I waited 4 months for my 29er 1 last year, almost couldn't stand it but it was WELL worth the wait. Only reason I didn't order the new one is that I love my old one so much!:thumbsup:

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Luckily I do have another bike to ride, but I had to sell my race bike to get the cash for this one.

This will be my first "Cannondale" mountain bike and the first time owning a lefty but I think Im going to have to tweak the bike a bit to get it to fit. I test-road last years frame and the large was too big and the medium felt too small. Once the bike arrives Im probably going to have to order a new stem, bars and seatpost. So Im thinking about scratching it and building something else instead. I ordered the flash 1 Alu. meduim and I ride a cannondale 56 road bike, do you think I ordered the right size?

I fell like the carbon lefty alone is worth the wait (even though its not the sl version !?! , which is silly) but if the frame doesn't fit????

· FIRENZE rulez !!
3,865 Posts
dirtytommy said:
i have ordered my carbon flash 29 the 31 of august! :mad: :madmax:
it was the last day i can order that bike in italy.
after some certain, but unreal, shipping date i cancell my order the 4th of this month!
really i don't understand the cannondale policy :nono:
where had you do the order ? which shop ?

in PM too , in italian too :D

maybe i can take your order at my name

· Registered
1,805 Posts
eliflap said:
hal , i ordered mine 26t of XX 1 hours ago

when i will receive it , see that's all ok , i can order another one for you and than forward to US to your bike as trackable letter

in january ,after all holidays
Hey eliflap if you can actually get the 26t and the 39t along with the torx head chain ring bolts I'll be more than happy to send you the $ for them to your pay pal account so you can ship them to Texas.

I can't understand why someplace in Europe would have them and the largest bike parts distributor in north america doesn't...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.