Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out of mountain biking for awhile but I'm looking to get back into it a bit and would like to get a 29er.

I've been a big Cannondale fan ever since my Rush (which I sold to get a Cannondale Roadie). I absolutely love the lefties.

Anyway... I'm interested in the Flash 29er but it appears that the smallest frame size they have is a medium. I am a very short dude (5"7 on a good day) and my legs aren't particularly long either. My Rush was a small and fit well. Is a medium Flash 29er going to be too big? (obviously, I'd need to try it out but hopefully some of you knowledgeable folks could give me an idea if it is likely to be too big or not).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm 5'8" with a 32" inseam on a medium '10 Flash 29. You might be able to make it work.

I have longer legs with a shorter upper body. To get the bike set up right for me, installed a 90mm/-5deg SI stem and flat bars with 11deg sweep. Have the seat just forward of center and the seat post at the max.

Take it for a test ride. Good luck

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
You could make it work.

But the bars will be too high in stock form.

You'd have to ask the shop to swap out the 1 piece stem steerer with a 2 piece, you'll likely need a -20 stem to get the bars in a "normal" position relative to the seat.

If you like the bars higher, it may work stock.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

@creation rebel: dumb question - what is ETT? Is it the top tube length?

@brentos: i do actually like the bars a tad higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.