Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

161 - 180 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
MTB peeps need to start carrying these. Even the Silky pocketboy slays. I carry one on my moto 100% of the time and the small one in the mtb pack. You can get through a 12" tree pretty damn fast. Plus it will give you guns to boot.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-BIGBOY-Folding-Landscaping-356-36/dp/B0014CA3JQ
Yep. Little Elden, Dogfood, and the tree on Schultz except for the really big one have been cut out this way. The FS trail crew is done for the season so it's up to those with sawyer certs to get the big ones. Moto guys are on it.

This is my new toy.

trail boss.jpg

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,025 Posts
MTB peeps need to start carrying these. Even the Silky pocketboy slays. I carry one on my moto 100% of the time and the small one in the mtb pack. You can get through a 12" tree pretty damn fast. Plus it will give you guns to boot.

https://www.amazon.com/Professional-BIGBOY-Folding-Landscaping-356-36/dp/B0014CA3JQ
I had one of those, but I have a smaller red one that works just as well and fits in packs/frame bags better. Most of the Silky Saws are great. I'll be using mine today. It's amazing what you can cut out with these things.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Rode at Fort Tuthill today. Lots of new B-Lines on Bridge along with a new DH only connector(Bridge to Soldiers). I didn't know Flagline Trails was doing this but it is certainty welcome and appreciated! Dirt isn't hero but not dusty either there.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Rode at Fort Tuthill today. Lots of new B-Lines on Bridge along with a new DH only connector(Bridge to Soldiers). I didn't know Flagline Trails was doing this but it is certainty welcome and appreciated! Dirt isn't hero but not dusty either there.
I was trail running there this morning and got in some riding a few days ago. The realignments of Soldiers Trail are nice and a lot of the eroded up/down has been replaced with contour following lines. Call it sanitized if you like ;-) Work was completed for the season this week with the realignment of the Loop Trail heading west out of the park.

I found some good information about the trail work here: https://coconino.az.gov/282/Trails

I've drafted a letter and will be sending an email to the County Supes thanking them for getting funding for this much needed maintenance on these trails—which are almost 20 years old and have not seen enough love over the years.

-db-

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I was trail running there this morning and got in some riding a few days ago. The realignments of Soldiers Trail are nice and a lot of the eroded up/down has been replaced with contour following lines. Call it sanitized if you like ;-) Work was completed for the season this week with the realignment of the Loop Trail heading west out of the park.

I found some good information about the trail work here: https://coconino.az.gov/282/Trails

I've drafted a letter and will be sending an email to the County Supes thanking them for getting funding for this much needed maintenance on these trails—which are almost 20 years old and have not seen enough love over the years.

-db-
Ya, Coconino Parks and Rec got a grant from the RTP Program. AZ State Parks but it's our federal tax dollars at work.

I wonder if Boris Badenov knows that the section of Soldier's he built back in the 90s is being almost entirely rerouted?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wondering if anyone know whether the MEDL area trails are riding at the moment? Hoping to be able to ride up there this weekend (Sunset, Heart etc.). Rode up there the day before before TG - it was great - just not sure if there’s been any weather since that’s impacted them. Appreciate any info on trail conditions - thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks Rockman - I can confirm that the trails were mint (Dec 5th) - great conditions. First time to ride Heart ..... wow! What a trail! Absolutely incredible ..... seriously talented trail builders.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
161 - 180 of 194 Posts