Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

181 - 194 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do the trails in Flagstaff compare to Sedona? I'm going to Sedona for the first time but also could hit up Flagstaff too.

·
slower than you
1,264 Posts
Any info on the condition of the trails around Mt Elden? Are they still riding? Thanks
Generally, yes. But its a bit of a mixed bag. All the south facing trails are basically clear and dry. You'll find variable patches of shallow compressed snow and entrapped cold air along Schultz in the shadier places. Above the Brookbank meadow elevation the snow cover becomes more consistent and a bit deeper, in the 30mm range, especially on northern aspects.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rode Little Bear, Sunset and Little Elden Trail this afternoon - some light snowy spots (particularly on Sunset U & L) - but plenty of grip, no ice. What an awesome, awesome trail system. Looks like with snow & colder weather rolling in this week, that might be that for a while.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
I rode up puppy chow and then turned onto the AZT to traverse over to moto on untracked snow. I had first tracks down moto on 3-4 inches of light to med density pow.....pushing that bike into the banked corners was seriously the best fun I've ever had on that fat bike to date. Greta had some fun too. Super grip at 4psi!

·
Registered
Epic Evo
15 Posts
Anything dry enough to ride with a skinny bike? A few days ago I tried to ride the dirt road up Mt Elden just for the workout. Bad idea. The surface was like ice cream or slush puppie.

Probably heading to Sedona tomorrow if the weather holds.

181 - 194 of 194 Posts