Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a email saying the Flagstaff Frenzy is on rain or shine and it looks like the race is to take place on the 3rd day of rain馃槼 Anyone know how well those trails hold up? It鈥檚 this coming weekend on the Fort Valley trails.

The .05 percent
Trails hold up very well, rain is actually pretty welcome. Makes for dust free riding. I think Rocky Moto is one of the trails and it kinda gets slow due to the high Moto use. Lots of ankle slappers rolling around these days.

slower than you
Got a email saying the Flagstaff Frenzy is on rain or shine and it looks like the race is to take place on the 3rd day of rain飿 Anyone know how well those trails hold up? It's this coming weekend on the Fort Valley trails.
if the ground doesn't saturate, it will be fine (about 0.3" fell on dry-dry ground in the area the past 24 hours). however, if we get enough to soak through, there are a few spots along rocky moto that hold a good deal of standing water and turn to greasy pudding when wet. likewise, the new sections along flue and chimney are still pretty soft and tend to get gooey when they get even a little water on them.

Registered
i can remember running the old fashioned mt bike race in a constant monsoon rain one year... I would think that course would be similar to the flagstaff frenzy... and that course held up very well...

Registered
I'm also concerned about the temperatures, in addition to the rain.

Conceivably, the temps can be in the 30's when the race starts, plus rain.

I would be curious what other racers plan on wearing.

Also, any tips on how to deal with mud would be appreciated...I thought I would bring a popsicle stick to rid my bike of mud, or is there something better?

I'm doing the marathon race, so I might be out there four hours. I think I might die.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.