Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have some campground reccomendations in/near Flagstaff? Possibly near some trails? Going up this weekend to get away from the heat and am not too familiar with camping areas up there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Campground or forest? If forest, then camp off of Schultz Creek road which is off of 180 on the edge of town. Trails are everywhere. Stop by Absolute Bikes (downtown flagstaff on San Francisco St. just north of Rte 66) on your way into town and take a look at the trails map and get directions to the good spots.

If you want a campground, I don't think there are any near the good trails. There is always the KOA on the east side, that is actually not that far from Little Bear/Little Elden/Sandy etc. There is also a campground out lake mary rd that has great climbing and is on the AZ trail that you can ride to Fisher Point.

Any one else know of any campgrounds closer to the 'good stuff'?

T.A.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tool man said:
Campground or forest? If forest, then camp off of Schultz Creek road which is off of 180 on the edge of town. Trails are everywhere. Stop by Absolute Bikes (downtown flagstaff on San Francisco St. just north of Rte 66) on your way into town and take a look at the trails map and get directions to the good spots.

If you want a campground, I don't think there are any near the good trails. There is always the KOA on the east side, that is actually not that far from Little Bear/Little Elden/Sandy etc. There is also a campground out lake mary rd that has great climbing and is on the AZ trail that you can ride to Fisher Point.

Any one else know of any campgrounds closer to the 'good stuff'?

T.A.
Got a map of area last night. I will hit the shop you reccomended in the way in. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.