Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for thoughts and suggestions on tire choice for racing the Barnburner in the Flagstaff AZ area. I live and ride in New England. And don’t think my current set up of Maxxis Minion DHF and aggressor are the best options for this race. Thinking the Rekon or ardent may be better options.

·
Premium Member
8,705 Posts
Just a suggestion. You might also post in the AZ forum to get some local suggestions.

Reactions: VAP

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
I have a set of new Schwalbe Super Trail 29" Tires for sale for $130 shipped. Racing Ralph and Racing Ray. Tan walls.

That's considered the fastest durable set up for covering lots of dry ground fast.

I just decided to go with something a bit more trail focused after spending $180 on these 2 weeks ago.

·
Always in the wrong gear
3,512 Posts
50-100 miles in the desert? Vittoria Mezcal front and rear.
Flagstaff is actually 7000' ASL, coniferous forest.
There's a really good picture of the typical vegetation on the barnburner website homepage banner.
Flagstaff isn't desert.
Despite Tyler wildly misjudging the biome, the Mezcal isn't a bad choice. Barnburner is the most XC-iest of XC. I've seen people ride gravel bikes on that course. It's mostly legit fire roads.

OP- any fast rolling tire will work great, any brand.
Unless it rains. then it's death mud and every tire will suck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.