Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MTB skillz = NADA
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed numerous new green and white golf style flags on Goat Trail today out at Ord. Most of them were slightly off the trail, but it looks like they may be marking for a new fire road or something. Anybody know what they are for?

·
MTB skillz = NADA
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NoBalance said:
Nope although the SOC route most likely will climb the entire trail 41 so, could be related?
I don't think so, the line of flags cross the trail but go over a couple of ridges in what appears to be a straight line that gets a couple hundred yards or more away from goat.

·
Big Gooner
25 Posts
I was out there yesterday. The trail machine was at the top of Goat. The BLM is rerouting the end of 44 to join up directly across to the begining of Goat #41. I think the flags are for the trail machine to work on buffing out the trail a bit, I don't think they will do a major work based on the work they did on other trails. :thumbsup:

·
MTB skillz = NADA
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
biggooner said:
I was out there yesterday. The trail machine was at the top of Goat. The BLM is rerouting the end of 44 to join up directly across to the begining of Goat #41. I think the flags are for the trail machine to work on buffing out the trail a bit, I don't think they will do a major work based on the work they did on other trails. :thumbsup:
The flags were down in the top of what I call lower goat which is right after the Y in the trail which either takes you to Jacks rd (to the left) or climb up to continue on Goat (to the right). About half way up that climb, the flags started and seemed to be in a line that went almost perpendicular to that part of the trail. Then once you cam down the next little ridge you got to the line of flags again but they stayed straight whild Goat turned back away.

If they are changing the run of goat, its gonna suck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In talking with the land manager this morning, he mentioned nothing about Goat Trail. There will be a little re-route on 47 (Couch) and 44 as you noticed.

G

1 - 8 of 8 Posts