Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, the Flagstaff bike org has a petition out to show interest in a downhill park at snowbowl. Looks like they've got paper petitions at the Flag bike shops and there is an online version of the petition on their site (linked below).

I'm willing to bet there are more than a few in Phx and Tucson on this board who may be interested......
http://flagstaffbiking.org/

·
I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
874 Posts
sweet

That would be so great! going to link now.:thumbsup:

·
I'm Lazy, So I Shuttle
874 Posts
hey

signed it, make sure to sign this people. Woould be great to see this happen. Only 30 sigs, so far let make it grow!!!!

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Signed it. This is a good step for the cycling community of Arizona. I have hiked all over Snowbowl in the summer looking at potential lines and it could be amazing. The proposed high speed quad thats part of there master plan would be ideal for bikes. It would go from the bottom of sunset up to midway giving access to the best terrain and separating the riders from the scenic sky ride. The Aggasiz chair is slowed down in the summer and takes about 45min. to an hour to ride, it's painfully slow. This would also popularize this kind of riding and hopefully open the eyes of the forest service to better except this branch of biking as a viable user group. This could lead to incorporating some of the non system trails on Elden as part of the trail system. It's time to get organized as a group and start voicing our opinions to the forest service here in Flagstaff and Sedona. This place has the potential to be the epic center in the Southwest for progressive mountain biking!

·
Downhill Messiah
493 Posts
#53. i hope this goes down soooooo badly!! i would kill for a lift accessed bike park in az. Since sunrise doesn't want us anymore:mad:

·
In the rear with the beer
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just heard from the guys behind this...they said hard copy petitions should be available at some of the Phoenix area bike shops very soon (he kinda implied they were printing them out this morning).

I'm no DH rider, but I do believe this would be great for the community...and the occasional day when I just don't feel like doing a 90 minute climb.....

·
The .05 percent
1,153 Posts
im # 66. Lets get this done. I talked to JR Murry for an hour last summer. They are interested, someone will have to present to forest service tho

·
Elitest thrill junkie
39,150 Posts
I have mixed feelings about this, but I signed it anyway. I guess there's only so much traffic you can have on Elden, but having Elden right next door seems a little redundant to me. A chairlift to the top of elden or a gondola to the top of the Pinals would be hot:thumbsup: Anyway, I do hope it goes through, I do think it would be a benefit. It would be wierd though with Elden, where would the "crazy" lines show up, Elden or Snowbowl, or both?

·
The .05 percent
1,153 Posts
it can't hurt to have more trails, esp if they are legal and have a lift. The 67 can't take much more abuse on Elden lookout road.
I copied the link to ridemonkey

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
#79 Here.

This will be fun when I get my hands on ...... 2008 Coilair (plays guitar riff)!!!

Kort, this should be this weekend or early next week. I would like to ask for a do over on Holbert.

·
Registered
328 Posts
cesslinger said:
#79 Here.

This will be fun when I get my hands on ...... 2008 Coilair (plays guitar riff)!!!

Kort, this should be this weekend or early next week. I would like to ask for a do over on Holbert.
Thats a sweet bike dude! It will make Holbert alot more fun.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.