Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some pictures of a ride I did with some buddies up in Flagstaff a few weeks ago before they closed the forests. What a great place to ride! Seriously, this is where 29ers shine! Up and over logs, rocks, boulders (and large gaps in the ground with ramps on both sides) like butter! Three days and six rides of pure pleasure.

Played the psi game while I was there. Found I could easily get away with 23 psi and enjoyed it. Tucson's trails are not as forgiving, as I mangled my rim last night on some nasty rocks running 25 psi :madman:

On a happier note, I picked up a brand new Thompson stem from Performance for $50. I was looking for tubes and noticed the sign. Apparently they miss marked it:thumbsup:
I don't mind taking advantage of Performance at all. Now, the creaks are gone on the SS!:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Mattyd said:
Got some pictures of a ride I did with some buddies up in Flagstaff a few weeks ago before they closed the forests. What a great place to ride! Seriously, this is where 29ers shine! Up and over logs, rocks, boulders (and large gaps in the ground with ramps on both sides) like butter! Three days and six rides of pure pleasure.

Played the psi game while I was there. Found I could easily get away with 23 psi and enjoyed it. Tucson's trails are not as forgiving, as I mangled my rim last night on some nasty rocks running 25 psi :madman:

On a happier note, I picked up a brand new Thompson stem from Performance for $50. I was looking for tubes and noticed the sign. Apparently they miss marked it:thumbsup:
I don't mind taking advantage of Performance at all. Now, the creaks are gone on the SS!:D
I saw the Thomson stems in Performance a few days ago. I was a bit surprised, didn't think Performance carried high-end parts other than the ubiquitos Shimano high end stuff. All the Thomson stems were in cute little burlap bags in a glass case and didn't even have prices anywere in sight. Bummer. Nice "steal". :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.