Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
May The Force Be With You
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An update stemming from closing thoughts i made in a past thread i made ( https://forums.mtbr.com/car-biker/xterra-vs-fj-620891.html )

i freaking love my FJ!..
ToyTech 3" spacer lift
10lb Co2 air tank
cobra CB
Boztec rear diff skid plate
upgraded to 285/75/16 General grabber AT2's
front wing delete
rear bumper black out
several well earned pin stripes

-Twin Rocks/Rock Front [x]
-Pine Mountain [x]
-Shaver Lake area [x] ( Chicken Rock, Strawberry Bald Mt., Strawberry/West Lake and more freaking awesome!
-Last Chance Canyon [x]
so many more places to go!!!

Stepcal Video - YouTube

freaking love this truck!

lets see some more!

·
Registered
143 Posts
shwinn8, pretty sweet looking FJ, we have an 08 TT and try to take it out as often as possible.

Knoll Lake (79).jpg

·
A God Without A Name
1,326 Posts
Look at all that horrendous fender sag.

Why does such a neat vehicle need to have such a big design flaw.

·
May The Force Be With You
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yeah, i don't know what that guy is smoking... now lets see more FJ's !! or Land Cruisers, or 4 Runners...:D

·
A God Without A Name
1,326 Posts
ah, that.

OP, when I was a kid I wanted an FJ so badly, and it had to be the exact same color as yours. Nice ride. I'm too practical to ever own one, but I still think they are cool.
I've sold a few of them, and honestly they still make a pretty decent, very fun family vehicle.

they just have the blind spots of a Sherman Tank and that damned fender issue.

unless you meant like, an FJ40...

·
Registered
202 Posts
See, I've been there when we replaced cracked windows in FJC's... there was nothing there to break.

where as this fender issue is pretty well known.
There are clips holding that cover on that can break when you remove it to replace the windshield. So if the front clip is fine and the rears are broken the cover will not sit correctly. That's why Toyota charges $6 retail for them. :eekster:
Had to replace a couple on mine when I bought it and saw many more like it while shopping.

If you say there are no clips that can break when removing windshield panels on an FJ, you have never seen an FJ up close. Think there are over 20 clips all together with all the trim panels.

The fender issue is with the inner fenders bulging or cracking on 06-08 FJs (Toyota reinforced them in 09) and it does not make them sag unless they get really bad cracks. His are fine, you can tell by the reveal at the door.

Check your clips cause I've heard of these panels flying off while driving.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh Ya, here's my 07 from last Summer.
Got a Toytec Ultimate kit sitting in the garage for a Spring install. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
The NorthShore rack is a perfect match with the FJ. I love mine!
Would you mind posting a pic of it with bikes mounted? I am not an FJ guy (sorry, Wrangler man, but respect the FJ), but I have the spare tire issue. I use a Kuat today, and I love it... but I hate having to use a hitch receiver extension to clear the spare.

·
MTBR member
798 Posts
Would you mind posting a pic of it with bikes mounted? I am not an FJ guy (sorry, Wrangler man, but respect the FJ), but I have the spare tire issue. I use a Kuat today, and I love it... but I hate having to use a hitch receiver extension to clear the spare.
I'm afraid I don't have one, but there's some on this forum. Here's one:
http://forums.mtbr.com/fat-bikes/north-shore-rack-ftw-598486.html

I had problems with my Jeep too; I think I ended up using a tire mounted rack, but never really liked it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks wookie... I am very interested in this. I like how the front tires clear the spare. Appears no extension was used.
(OP, sorry for the thread jack)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts