Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
650b me
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been demo'ing this saddle and I really like how it feels. I've been a WTB Rocket V fan for the last several years. Anyway, I weighed one at work and it read 255g, not the 229g so boldly advertised right on the packaging. So I took another one home (I work at a bike shop) and weighed it on my scale at home: 253g. Disappointing, to say the least. For comparison, I weighed my Rocket V saddle with Ti rails, rated at 225g. It came in at 217g, so that pretty much rules out scale calibration errors.

Just my experience, but buyer beware. I really like the feel of the saddle, and I know that's the important thing. It just turns me off when it feels like a product is being misrepresented.

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,532 Posts
My Fizik saddles squeek.

Drop of oil worked when I remembered to oil. Sold 3 used. On to Selle Italia Flite. Like 'em after 2-3 months. Of course I crashed BOTH new saddles!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I use this saddle and really like it. To me, I'm willing to forgo a bit of weight for the comfort. I race mostly enduro stuff so this is the most important part.

I have several of these saddles and never weighed any of them. The CF railed version isn't much lighter either.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I've got a few Gobi saddles of varying versions... if I think of it, I'll throw em on my scale just to see. Doesnt really matter to me though because I love these things... especially the older ones. The newer XMs are good, but not as good.

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,532 Posts
Says MG on rail. ?.

I love the way they feel, on my arse, Ewe. Anyway, They are comfortable. Maybe I wash my bike/rain ride too much? After 60-70 rides maybe they are toast? The Selle Italia are almost as comfortable and they don't make noise (still pretty new). Maybe we're supposed to oil the rail/plastic intersection? I was tired of it, so sold.

·
~Reformed Mechanic~
2,177 Posts
I ride the Fizik aliante gamma XM and the weight was right on with mine. Even if it was slightly over I wouldn't care due to it being so incredibly comfortable compared to all other saddles Ive tried in the same weight range

IMO Fizik saddles are way too freaking sweet for me to care about a few grams, and Ive tried them all!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I ride the Fizik aliante gamma XM and the weight was right on with mine. Even if it was slightly over I wouldn't care due to it being so incredibly comfortable compared to all other saddles Ive tried in the same weight range

IMO Fizik saddles are way too freaking sweet for me to care about a few grams, and Ive tried them all!
word.

I've got Aliante XMs on both bikes, plus a brand new spare sitting in the parts box, just in case!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have Gobi's on both mtn bikes. Broke one on the FS when I looped it and separated the base from the top at the back. Put on an Fizik Alante, and as comfortable as it is on my road bike, just did not cut it on my mtn bike. Put a new Gobi on and it was like getting an old friend back.

·
hold my beer & watch this
145 Posts
I have this seat on both of my bikes - it is a little heavier than some others, but I am not willing to give up a comfort for a few grams. I even have a spare in case I break one. This seat just fits me and I don't think I would even consider a change.
I will find my weight savings elsewhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.