Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a fork problem and am wondering if any of you know how complicated a fix would be? On a Manitou Minute 1:00, there is a rapid travel wind down (RTWD) knob that changes the travel from 100-130mm. On this fork, the knob seems to do nothing. No matter where I position it, the travel remains the same, even after pressing down on the fork. Anyone ever encounter this problem before and know how to fix it?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wzictrace said:
I have a fork problem and am wondering if any of you know how complicated a fix would be? On a Manitou Minute 1:00, there is a rapid travel wind down (RTWD) knob that changes the travel from 100-130mm. On this fork, the knob seems to do nothing. No matter where I position it, the travel remains the same, even after pressing down on the fork. Anyone ever encounter this problem before and know how to fix it?

Thanks for any help.
same problem with mine
I'm going to take the thing apart tomorrow (have to get the right tool first)

please post if you find the solution on yours

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
First try weighting the fork and "clocking" the adjuster dial. Put enough weight on the bars to sag the fork a touch, and turn the knob counter-clockwise until it grinds itself into place. I have to do it to mine every time I disassemble it. Good luck. S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.