Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
classic

that's a classic beauty. elegant. from a distance, it could represent photos of a bike 100 years ago. guess it would have to be b/w photos though (black coffee, no cream).

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
very nice!classy colors:thumbsup:

just got some of that brooks tape for my fixie too, but its not on the bike yet. whats your impression of the tape?

mine has the plastic plugs too, wonder when the cork version comes out:confused:

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks

Ed from Mighty Rider in Vancouver put it together for me.
Spot Highline frame and fork (from Micheal before he sold Spot)in a cream color, Brooks Honey Brown Swallow and bar tape (it is awsome bar tape), Surly hubs and Velocity rims, Mungo bars and some old Dura-ace cranks and brake.
about a 12 mile round trip to the local coffee shop, but this rides so well it's all good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hey brother...

neville said:
My new Spot fixed gear, honey and cream for the morning coffee run.
Nice rig you got there....me likes um latte

I have a Spot SScX that I ride flixed...42X17x21...I dig, it is the catz azz for my local rec area trails. My fork is a Spot straight blader that appears to be hella raked-out. I couldn't really tell from your photos, but your appears this way too? Is it? I know yours is a road bike, so the geo would be different...but the rake. In the slower switchbacky/techyness the front end is slow. I was going to replace it, but if I did I think I think I would get toe overlap and that just ain't acceptable. So, I wonder if all or most spot frames/forks of the non-mountain variety end up have a more than average rake in the fork that makes the overall geo work?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.