Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I tried it. I live in Winnipeg and we have a little singletrack that has dried out so I took out my converted rigid fixed Explosif to try it out. I made to through a tough section of trail that has some concrete blocks embedded as obstacles. I dabbed once when my pedal struck the side of the trail but made all the difficult spots. I did better than the day before when I rode a geared 100mm HT. I think you are mor commited because you HAVE TO keep up your momentum. I think that logs may be pretty difficult for fixed but I am going to keep it fixed for the time being.

·
King Pin
1,247 Posts
Fixie offroad????

Freak.

Kinda fun in a certain "connectiveness with the bike" sorta way, eh? I'm still mostly running fixed (solo), as it's just plain fun!

Still go to the freewheeler for group rides and such, that may change someday, but not now. My good buddy Rudi says "it's like walking....only easier". I'm still working on that part!

Diversity.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FOR is awesome

Fixed off road is 'one way to go'....I got fixed on new years eve...wintered well doing the fixie thing exclusively,,Ya gotta committ and not back down...,,I think Im gonna race the chequamegon fixed...Got a surly flip flop so most singletrackin will be free, but it is a total rush to ride it fixed.....Its all good

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

I took it out again yesterday and crashed twice. They were not the fault of riding fixed but were rider error. At least I got both knees so they match. Felt a little out of place on a short steep downhill where my rpm almost got out of control. Also on short steep climbs after a tight turn where my speed was reduced so I had no momentum. You are one with the bike more so than on any free wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.