Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to use an old track bike for commuting fixed or better to convert an old road frame?
apart from changing it from single tyres to tubes with new rims.
Reason being as this add has caught my eye. ah yeah that is in good ole Aussie peso's

56cm Colnago Track Bike, High Quality components including Campagnola cranks, Dura-Ace hubs, continental single tyres, San Marco Seat.
Very good Condition, $545

BTW it will only be a 10 minute ride to work if that matters.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
if you only have 10 minutes to go, go for the track bike and set a new land speed record to work everyday!!! ;)

i would say that bike might not be comfortable for longer rides but hey that ain't what your buying it for, and if it does turn out to be comfortable for you; double-bonus!!!

but just remember before you go riding in public; you gotta dye your hair black, get your trucker cap just the right degree of sideways. THEN AND ONLY THEN you'll be set to ride a fixie... :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
i've read that d/a hubs are designed more for indoor track use so they're not sealed too well for outdoor riding...take that for what you will...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.