Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently discovered them when my headset came loose on a ride and one of the fellow riders let me borrow them. I was actually confused when he gave me 2 sticks until he showed how they plug into each other making a T handle.

So when I got back home, I ordered a set. Since then I've been loving and carrying them in my tool bag.

In fact, I liked them so much that I wrote a review for my friends, who also didn't know of them. I'm not sponsored by them, just spreading the love for a well designed tool that saved my ass a bunch of times already.

https://www.cake.co/conversations/40HhNfD/why-i-ride-with-fix-it-sticks-to-fix-my-bike

Attachments

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I used them for a time--they are well designed, and are fast for quick fixes, as you noted. I switched them out for an older Ratchet Rocket with an integrated chain tool, after I was hit by a car and lost half of the fix-it sticks. When you factor in all of the accessories for the fix-it sticks, particularly the chain tool, it would have no longer worked for my packing situation, anyway.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Those things made a splash when they first came out some years ago. I thought they were clever but prefer a compact multitool with the captive bits I might need and a chain breaker. I use it so rarely that it doesn't need to be convenient or easy to use. It just has to accomplish the task when called upon.

·
Village Idiot
155 Posts
I bought one of these recently, and am very impressed with it. It replaced the Y-shaped tool I used to carry, because it has more than 3 size bits, and it stores much better in my Camelbak, because of the shape.

Now I have every bit I am likely to need, and I can add or change out bits, as needed. The quality is really nice.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.