Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a while since I've run FiveTen shoes, so wanted to see what others experiences are.

I've been running my RC Wildcats since this thread, Overall I've been extremely happy with the shoes, the grip, pedal support, arch support, and durability have far exceeded what I had expected from other shoes like F/T Freeriders

Its time for me to start looking for another pair of shoes to replace my wildcats.

My choices so far

RC Wildcats
RC Livewire
FT Freerider pros - Sole durability seems to be a bit of a concern

Seeing if there are anyone that's ridden any of these and swapped between- I will say that the sole seems to be much stiffer in the RCs based on a quick walkabout in store

·
Resident Gear Head
729 Posts
I tried the Ride Concepts Hellion Elite and they were so terrible I returned them. Props to RC for giving me a refund but the grip was terrible compared to my previous 5.10 freerider pros. I was so shocked because I heard so many good things about RC.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I ride with RC Livewires and also FiveTen Impact shoes. I don't have any Freeriders, so can't speak to those. While the RC Livewires are a great value and the soles stick to my heavily pinned flats quite well, the Impacts are truly the finest shoe of any type I have ever owned. Freaking awesome, and much more protection for your feet. I'd go look for a pair of FiveTen Sam Hill Impacts if I were you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.