Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read in a few places that 5-10's run small like real small - like a whole size small.

Looking at getting a pair of freeriders. I normally wear a size 11.5 US sneaker....what size should I get?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I don't think the Freeriders run small at all... I'm usually 10.5 or 11 my 10.5US Freeriders are the perfect size indeed.

everyone I know and my own experience says they run true to size.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have been wearing five ten impacts for over 10+ years and have ALWAYS wore size 10.5
About a month ago five ten had a sale on impacts so i bought them and was surprised how small they are since Addias bought them out(I had a couple old five tens in stock so didnt need a new pair til now). I sent them back for size 11, and had to send them back too for size 11.5

so for the impacts I'd recommend you size up. I also bought the freerider EPS and that was pretty much to size.

If you read reviews on the five ten website you'll see a lot of agree.

·
Shartacular Spectacular
443 Posts
Definitely don’t run small and actually have a pretty wide forefoot / toe box area. Great for those of us with wider feet. True to size for sure especially if you typically wear Adidas/Salomon which makes sense given they’re all under the same umbrella company.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I usually were a ten daily shoe (so I thought). I purchased size 10 Freerider Elements and I was swimming in them. Sent them back for 9.5's and they fit like they should.

Over the past few years, switching types of daily shoes I am between 9.5 and 10. My Brooks running shoes are size 10 EE though. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I just bought a pair of Freerider ELCs during the Memorial Day sale. I stuck with size 11. They fit just like my other Freeriders have which is just wide enough and a little room in the toebox. When I got my first pair about 5 years ago, I ordered 10.5's and 11's, wound up sending the 10.5's back. To my foot the Adidas acquisition hasn't changed anything.

·
Village Idiot
155 Posts
I got some Freeriders a few weeks ago. When trying them on, I was pleasantly surprised that they fit me quite well. I wear size 10 or 10.5 extra wide. My Freeriders in 10.5 fit me just about perfectly, so I would say that they fit true-to-size, and probably run wide.

On a side note about these shoes, I found that I have to tighten the laces carefully. Seems I read here about them cutting of circulation and making feet go numb. I was experiencing that, until I snugged up the lower (more forward) part of the laces, and didn't pull the upper part so tight when I tied the knot. That seemed to help. On my 12.7 mile ride yesterday, my feet did not go numb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.