Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making the switch to Five Ten shoes and would like to try on as many models as possible. Can someone recommend a shop in the Denver/Boulder vicinity with a large selection? I'd prefer to support a LBS if possible.

BTW, I'm expecting someone to complain about this being the wrong forum but I believe it is a location specific post and belongs here instead of the DH forum.

:thumbsup:

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,653 Posts
Maybe call a dh-oriented store like Mojo Wheels. If they can't help I'm sure they can recommend a place that can.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
I am making the switch to Five Ten shoes and would like to try on as many models as possible. Can someone recommend a shop in the Denver/Boulder vicinity with a large selection? I'd prefer to support a LBS if possible.

BTW, I'm expecting someone to complain about this being the wrong forum but I believe it is a location specific post and belongs here instead of the DH forum.

:thumbsup:
My only input is to get a half size larger than what you usually wear. I wear an 11 & run 11.5's on them. Buddy of mine runs 10 usually & 10.5. I go back & forth, clipped & flats when resort riding, been on 5tens for 5 years. Great shoes, damn sticky though, sometimes prefer some gummy soled DC shoes to the 5tens.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
inkpad said:
My only input is to get a half size larger than what you usually wear. I wear an 11 & run 11.5's on them. Buddy of mine runs 10 usually & 10.5.
I agree--I tend to buy a little larger than I do most other brands. I really like the shoes though. I've been running them for about 5 years too. They work better with thin pinned pedals (i.e. Kona Wah Wah's) than pedals with a thicker pin.

Since we're on a front range 5:10 subject: does anyone know of a place to buy 5:10 Stealth paint? I would like to put some more rubber down on my shoes and try to get another season out of them.

·
Registered
816 Posts
kristian said:
Since we're on a front range 5:10 subject: does anyone know of a place to buy 5:10 Stealth paint? I would like to put some more rubber down on my shoes and try to get another season out of them.
I believe Wilderness Exchange at 15th and Platte in Denver has the stealth paint.

·
Living the High Life
4,542 Posts
2nd Mojo. They'll have more than anyone else.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tips. Looking to do more Freeride this summer. Canfield Crampons on the way. I'll swing by Mojo this weekend. Love that shop!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went to Mojo and all they had were the impact lows and a few other single pairs in the wrong size. Pedal Pushers had one of the Sam HIlls and a purple Freeride pair. The search continues although I might go with the Sam HIlls.

·
back in the saddle again
274 Posts
I was just @ REI late last week and looked at the shoes but didn't see 5-10s there. Sorry. Wasn't looking for that brand specifically so it is possible I missed them.

I'm happy to see these rec's as well. Next biking item I buy will probably be shoes. Shoes and undies are something I refuse to buy online (unless it is to restock a duplicate of an already owned item) so the heads-up on local stores is much appreciated! Thanks everyone :D

·
Oh, So Interesting!
5,653 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Not really a Denver shop, but The Trestle shop in Winter Park has a lot of models and they demo them as well. The new Minnaar looks banger, and you can spd it up if you wish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts