Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

The chain on my BB Ultra came loose today so I took the chance to clean it with a rag.
However, now I have the problem of how to thread it through the two rear cogs. I'm pretty new to this so I am not sure how it should be threaded through. On each of the two cogs there is a small metal bar - do I thread the chain under or over? It would be a lot easier if I had a diagram to go by. Could anyone help me out? My dealer is twenty miles away and I don't have a car.

Any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hey, if you get it wrong, you'll know right away as soon as you tension the chain a little as it will be sitting on the small metal bar you mention. You have it correct when it is touching nothing between the two pulleys.

See the park tool website, excellent: http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=25

fumi said:
Hi there.

The chain on my BB Ultra came loose today so I took the chance to clean it with a rag.
However, now I have the problem of how to thread it through the two rear cogs. I'm pretty new to this so I am not sure how it should be threaded through. On each of the two cogs there is a small metal bar - do I thread the chain under or over? It would be a lot easier if I had a diagram to go by. Could anyone help me out? My dealer is twenty miles away and I don't have a car.

Any help would be really appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.