Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm pretty sure I would prefer a 72* STA if I went with a custom builder. How bad would it be to get a Niner that has a 73.5* STA and get a custom BS post with extra offset?

I found out that BS can do posts up to 50mm of set-back. Right now I'm on a Scandal with a 73* STA and a Thomson 16mm set-back post. Wish I could move back a little more...

The Niner with the custom post might be cheaper than a whole custom frame, but I don't want to do it if it just seems like a bad idea. Looking for your opinions please.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
If everything else about the Niner geo works for you, do the bike cad thing and find out just how much setback you need. For a 29" high seat you would only need about 26mm of setback to adjust your position 2*. You may not even need a custom post.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
29erchico said:
If everything else about the Niner geo works for you, do the bike cad thing and find out just how much setback you need. For a 29" high seat you would only need about 26mm of setback to adjust your position 2*. You may not even need a custom post.
There are only a couple posts out there with much set-back that I know of. I'm not sure if I like either of them. But I hear your point. Thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.