Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a fit question. I have used several online fit calculators and they suggest ~24in. TT. I currently ride a 19.5 Trek 4500 (EF TT 23.2) and I feel a little cramped, but when I jump on my wife's 17in. Wahoo (EF TT 23.9) I absolutely love it. So, do I really have a preference in TT length or do I just like the geometry differences? One last question, is it better to buy a smaller size for "All Mountain riding" or buy a size that is closer to the TT that I prefer? Thanks for all the help.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
The top tube length is one thing, but the stem length and stem rise also are major parts of the top tube/fit picture too, so what are those for the two bikes? Other factors are bar sweep and bar rise, as well as other factors, that can affect the handlebar height. Don't worry much about "all mountain" as general fit is more important; what your definition of all mountain is will factor into that as well (there is no firm definition), just describe what kind of riding you're doing would be more helpful. What are your dimensions? Some of us spend a lot of time on a lot of different bikes figuring out what works best for us, let alone be able to determine it over the internet...

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. My trek has a 110mm Stem with no rise, while the fisher has a 90mm stem, with 5 deg. rise and identical handlebars. I am finding my self getting more aggresive with my bike and I really want to start doing some jumps and drops, but I know that the bike is not meant for that and therefore, the reason I am looking for a bike. So the type of riding I want/will be doing is really agressive riding with drops and jumps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.