Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some quick advice - looking at purchasing from a LBS either a leftover 2009 Rincon for $420, a Fisher Tarpon for $450, or a Wahoo for $550. This is my first real bike, and don't want to spend a ton of money but want something that will hold up for the next few years. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The Fisher bikes are pretty much at list price. The Giant is discounted almost 20% off. Looks like the best value to me.

BTW: Giant and Fisher have specs and prices on their web site. Worthwihle to google.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaba Klaus said:
The Fisher bikes are pretty much at list price. The Giant is discounted almost 20% off. Looks like the best value to me.

BTW: Giant and Fisher have specs and prices on their web site. Worthwihle to google.
I've looked at both of their websites, believe me! That's all I've done the last 36-48 hours is surf the different vendor's websites and spec sheets! :) I've seen the technical specs, but don't know how that relates to real world differences, you know what I mean? But thanks for the info on the Giant, I was hoping to hear that it would be the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ahhh - that explains the price... Nothing radical changed in the bike industry. No leap in technology. The Rincon 2009 still is on par with or better than the Fisher bikes.

I'd go by fit and style. Which one feels the best - which one looks the best (to you). There isn't that much different in the specs.

·
Currently in Exile
2,303 Posts
Any one of them is a good place to start. What I would be most concerned with is fit. Work with the staff at the LBS to see which bike fits you best. You will want to ride all three bikes and determine which feels best for you to ride. The Gary Fisher bikes will have similar geometry to each other. Fisher's Genesis geometry works great for some, but others don't care for it. I personally prefer it to the Giant's geometry, but that's me. You may find that you like the Giant much better.

Most important thing.......ride the bikes and pick the one that fits/rides the best for you. Don't let the small difference in price between the bikes should not sway you too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.