Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have found what seems to be a 1997 or 1996 not sure i know it is one of those years. frame. the rear hanger is snapped gone. i order a 98+ h04 dropuot and it does not fit. can any body please help me find one. it is frustarting i am trying to build this frame, i love these frames. i looked every were all over ebay.craigslist,google,derailleurs.com no one has them and no body has good customer service. i have sent numerous emails with no responses or replys. please help the pics says it all. the rear derailluer is a shimano deore XT. just need one part please help!!:confused: :madman:

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
oldfisher07 said:
okay thank you very much i am going to contact a few dealers and see if i can get two at least incase this happens again. is this a common weak link on my bike?
The hangers are supposed to break. They are like electrical fuses: they break to protect something else (in this case, the frame).

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
Is that a Fisher or Trek?

My Fisher looks nothing like that. I believe mine is from around '00/'01 though. Maybe that is why the frame and derailleur hanger look different than mine?

I tried to snap a quick pic of my hanger:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well WTF then i order that #4 hanger and it DOES NOT FIT. that #4 is not my hanger! plus the part number is diffrent if it were the same part the numbers would be slightly diffrent. like in stead of T****** for trek it would be some thing like JAS******. the trek one i am beliaving is diffrent. i called the nearest bike shop and they are ordering me two of them on monady. i will have by friday and i will tell you weather they are the same or diffrent. if it doesnt fit and they dont make rear hangers for this model any more is it possible to switch to a 98+ rear swing arm? will it mount the same? it looks to. and i know for sure that they have diffrent hangers and they still make them every were for 98+ joshua X frames i have included pictures proving that that hanger is NOT the one i need. clearly seen. please let me know if it is the same one on the trek site so i can stop my order and not have to spend another 25= on not correct hangers. this is so frustrating!!!!one picture facing forwards,rearwards and linned up. they are two diffent peices. whish i had the other part of the broken hanger But that is all over MT. snow some wears.lol please help!! set me straight. the bike is only 13 years young i should have no problem getting parts for this. it is not antique yet. espiccilly when my unle bought this bike he paid $1,200 for it msrp. and know it is a junk frame becuase the hangers are discontinued? come on give me a break here!

Attachments

·
Fortes Fortuna Iuvat
1,214 Posts
oldfisher07 said:
The bike is only 13 years young i should have no problem getting parts for this. it is not antique yet. especially when my unlce bought this bike he paid $1,200 for it msrp. Now it is a junk frame because the hangers are discontinued? Come on, give me a break here!
13 years is FOREVER in MTBing years. When that frame was being built, full suspension was just being developed-hence the URT design. Since then, things have evolved (and subsequently designs have changed) quite a bit.

You MAY be able to swap a newer triangle on, it at least appears similiar to mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.