Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it isn't that impressive, and has been done many times before, but I got a new Surly KM fork yesterday. I rode trails at Durham Forest last night with the Marz, and tonight on the KM fork, so it gave me a pretty good impression of the fork. It doesn't feel that much faster, but it certainly was impressive feeling when I caught a bunch of guys on F/S bikes and passed them. The fork does make handling a bit quicker, and more predictable cornering. Overall, I'm impressed.

Attachments

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
Looks clean and stealthy!
Actually the Marz fork's geometry with it's 43mm of offset is closest to the KM fork, of all sussers available to us. Most have 38mm of offset, only the White Brothers thru axle forks have 41mm, so the Surly lightens most bikes up at 43mm. All you should on your swap is lack of travel, a possible stiffness advantage, lower weight and more stability under braking at steep descneds. Axle-to-crown length should be pretty close to the Marz after sag.

So how does the bling Fox fork in the background feel, with the bigger forks getting all the attention from the boss?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.