Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else but me think they did a better job on the Hi-Fi than the Caliber? I mean no Genesis 2 geometry, single pivot vs. linkage rear suspension, 3" vs. 4" travel.

·
Registered
330 Posts
HiFi is 5"

Actually, the HiFi is 5" travel, and it rides like a race bike. That thing rocks, and it's the first 26" bike that I've considered buying in a long time. The handling can't be beat in my book.

I still think my El Mariachi is the cat's pajamas, so it's a moot point anyway.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The Hi Fi is a nice bike. A large weighs 27 and change... with 5" of travel. That bike is put together nicely.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If Fisher made a 29" Hi-Fi, that would be the ticket (maybe 4" instead of 5" on the 29 platform). Maybe next season.:) I think the Caliber rear end is a little flexy, where as the Hi-Fi linkage would be a little more stable for a 29.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got to test the Hifi and the I-Drive within a few weekends side-by-side and turned corners on pavement fast. I think the Hifi handles like a unicycle, but its light weight and lockout could have had an effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.