Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend asked me to tune his bikes. He shows up with a pristine Fisher Dead bike.I remember them . Were they early 90s vintage? Thats what I figure looking at the components. Stx.

Anyway, are these things worth anything? Or just to a Dead fan?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I think thats high...closer would be about 1/2 million and a Powerbar wrapper...

·
Registered
1 Posts
mojo_matic said:
A dime bag and 6 oz of petruli.
noooo....half a sheet,a quarter of some Humboldt,a pristine 1st Gen 7/15/85 Berkeley Greek Soundboard, and a place to park the 71 VeeDub Van for a Valve adjustment.
As one can see....been there!
Oh......use of ones shower Also!

·
Dumpster Diver
1,093 Posts
The Figment said:
noooo....half a sheet,a quarter of some Humboldt,a pristine 1st Gen 7/15/85 Berkeley Greek Soundboard, and a place to park the 71 VeeDub Van for a Valve adjustment.
As one can see....been there!
Oh......use of ones shower Also!
Yup, me too. Saw Darkstar twice.

·
Registered
512 Posts
cegrover said:
http://www.firstflightbikes.com/1995_Fisher_Dead.htm

If it has original tires, that might double its value.
TWO powerbar wrappers? :thumbsup:

It was a Hoo Koo E Koo with different graphics. Not entry level, but nothing high end either. It cost more because the silkscreen for the decals had more colors in it, and because the guy who designed all the grateful dead stuff back in the day designed them. At least that's what the Fisher rep told us when we sold them as new.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Actually, Prairie Prince, the original drummer for the Tubes, did the design artwork for the Fisher Grateful Dead bike. It was just an ordinary HooKooEKoo bike with the graphics added, much like the Sammy Hagar Red Rocker version of the same bike executed in red. I know of 2 of these bikes in Marin that are basically NOS with no miles on them for sale.

·
Registered
330 Posts
YETIFIED said:
Patchouli.
My bad. Regardless, it smells worse than swamp ass.... The scent was supposed to mask body odor? I don't get it. If someone wants to smoke pot, trip and veg on assorted drugs, that is cool. I believe in natural selection. But dude, what is so hard about taking a flippin' shower/bath?! :p

I dated a hippie chick for a while. She was really into MTB and introduced me to rock climbing. She did cover and poster work for Widespread Panic. Fun combo, myself mostly into old school punk and death metal. She kicked ass, other than that damned smell! Note: she did bath and shave on a regular basis.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.