Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Compulsive Bike Builder
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently tested postive for 29er-itis. I have psuedo 29ers with my CX bike and 35/44c tires, and Pugsley 29" radius tires of doom, but I understand after hanging out on this forum that neither of those bikes are true 29ers. So I may just swap out my trusty Stumpjumper FSR for a 29er.

After surveying the landscape, I figured a Fisher 292/293 would do nicely. I want gears and suspension and I want a turnkey affordable bike. Near as I can tell the Fisher is the only game in town.

I checked it out on Fishers web site and could not decide on the 292 or 293, so I went to my local Trek dealer. They are good friends of mine. But they have never stocked or sold a 29er. I knew that, but I knew they would take care of me nonetheless.

We broke open the print '06 catalog. Wha??? No 292 or 293? Other 29ers are in there. We looked through it thoroughly several times. No pics, no entry in the model summary table at the back. Are we blind? The dealer went to Trek's dealer-only page and whew! They are in there.

I think Fisherguy (something like that) is a Fisher factory user on this board, maybe there are others. Was the 292/293 about to be dropped then put back in? Did we just not see them? Was the catalog changed? No big deal, I guess, but in light of how much the 29er community wants to see a little growth in products and options...well, I am very curious about this.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I seem to recall reading on this forum that they were planning on having the Supercaliber 29 full suspension bike during the 2006 model year, but it was late...so they decided to continue to sell the Sugar 29ers for 2006. I guess the decision was too late for the catalog.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Ran into the same thing..

DirtDad said:
I have recently tested postive for 29er-itis. I have psuedo 29ers with my CX bike and 35/44c tires, and Pugsley 29" radius tires of doom, but I understand after hanging out on this forum that neither of those bikes are true 29ers. So I may just swap out my trusty Stumpjumper FSR for a 29er.

After surveying the landscape, I figured a Fisher 292/293 would do nicely. I want gears and suspension and I want a turnkey affordable bike. Near as I can tell the Fisher is the only game in town.

I checked it out on Fishers web site and could not decide on the 292 or 293, so I went to my local Trek dealer. They are good friends of mine. But they have never stocked or sold a 29er. I knew that, but I knew they would take care of me nonetheless.

We broke open the print '06 catalog. Wha??? No 292 or 293? Other 29ers are in there. We looked through it thoroughly several times. No pics, no entry in the model summary table at the back. Are we blind? The dealer went to Trek's dealer-only page and whew! They are in there.

I think Fisherguy (something like that) is a Fisher factory user on this board, maybe there are others. Was the 292/293 about to be dropped then put back in? Did we just not see them? Was the catalog changed? No big deal, I guess, but in light of how much the 29er community wants to see a little growth in products and options...well, I am very curious about this.
at the LBS yesterday. Then the tech came back after looking inventory and said theres 16 available. Another question id like to pose to fisherguy is the lack of support for the 293/292 by GF and their dealers. Its like their GFs dirty little secret or something..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.