Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode really nice loop last winter starting at Fish Hatchery parking lot, up FR475 then Long Branch- Butter Gap and Cat Gap back to the car.
Is Cat Gap #120 (or at least the section between Butter Gap and parking lot) one of the seasonal trails? Is this loop OK to ride now?

·
Pisgah Native
76 Posts
tommy76 said:
I rode really nice loop last winter starting at Fish Hatchery parking lot, up FR475 then Long Branch- Butter Gap and Cat Gap back to the car.
Is Cat Gap #120 (or at least the section between Butter Gap and parking lot) one of the seasonal trails? Is this loop OK to ride now?
Cat Gap is closed this time of year, I like to go 475--->left onto Davidson River Trail (#650)--->left on 475---> 471--->471d--->Butter Gap (#123)--->left onto Long Branch (#116)--->Right on fs 5095--->right on 475---> right on Davidson River Trail (#650)---> right on 475---> back to the hatchery.

Cove Creek is a nice add on.

·
consistent default champ
747 Posts
different question about another loop

The North Mills / Trace Ridge one on the PAS board runs like this
 exit parking area on lower Trace Ridge Trail behind the kiosk
 sharp left on Wash Creek Trail
 right on FS 142
 left on FS 5000 (Wash Creek Rd.)
 left on gated Spencer Branch Road
 right on Spencer Branch Trail
 left on Trace Ridge Trail
 return to parking area
This puts you back in the parking area. People can bail at this point or continue on for part 2
 exit parking area on gated FS 5097 (never ending road)
 left on Spencer Branch Trail
 at trail intersection ford the river and turn left to Middle Fork Trail
 follow Middle Fork Trail
 Right on FS 5097 (never ending road)
 Right on Fletcher Creek Trail
 Ford Creek and continue straight on to Fletcher Creek Trail
 Left on FS (reservoir road)
 Return to parking area

Is all this currently open? Is everything marked well? I haven't been to Pisgah in years and mostly just for backpacking. Trails were not always marked and I have to be home in time to get my daughter from preschool!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.