Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
For me, I do Demo b/c of the DH and light FR. Ride up the fireroad call Ridge. Take the culsack (is this legit?) as a single track alt to the fireroad. Both will bring you to the helipad/look out. Take a right there into the bushes to head toward Corral. Decend Corral and then ride up sulfer so you can decend Braille. After all these, it is a good 20-25 minutes grind up a mild fireroad back to the car.

Some people do Canadian Bacon, but there is not that much interesting things there to justify the climb back up to the helipad.

Some people will tell you to do Sawpit. By all means it is a fun downhill, and the longest downhill there with features that can sum up Braille and Corral together. The only thing is when you are at the end, your climb back up is a 40-45 minutes fireroad ride. This is esp. long and boring when you are by yourself.

·
Banned
1,391 Posts
beaverbiker said:
definitely ride sawpit. worth every second to climb out. and it's not a boring climb at all. you're in the shade the whole time, surrounded by beautiful redwoods and tons of animals, and it's not steep. just enjoy your time in the forrest and rip it up down sawpit.
word
sawpit is such a better trail. going to complain about the extra climb? its 5-10 mins extra max past braille.

btw: you riding again yet curt?

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
My first time there was last week. Did Ridge to the Sawpit descent, Go right for a bit of fire road then up to Tractor and climb (I had to hike a bike a bit). Left on Ridge for a short bit (back tracking from the prior ride to Sawpit then a left descent on Braille. Good for lotsa grins.
It helps to follow someone who's been there so the drops and other features don't sneak up on you. :devil: Or, just as important, so you don't miss anything.

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Anyone from last week wanna repeat? I'm thinking of going again too. I could lead another group - Maybe do the Sawpit, Tractor, Braille loop this time.

The early weather reports for this weekend called for rain but it looks like that isn't happening. Conditions should be perfect.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd consider myself on the more beginner side of intermediate, but as long is it's not really crazy, I'm willing to give a trail a go.

For a length, ideally not more than 15 mi.

Thanks for the suggestions. On a 1-10 difficulty scale, how hard is sawpit?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Possibly. I gotta check with the missus. Would like to do the loop you suggested, but don't know if I would have the time.

tsimbu said:
Anyone from last week wanna repeat? I'm thinking of going again too. I could lead another group - Maybe do the Sawpit, Tractor, Braille loop this time.

The early weather reports for this weekend called for rain but it looks like that isn't happening. Conditions should be perfect.

·
Registered
246 Posts
tsimbu said:

I'm game for Demo again. I swear tho if my legs cramp again....:mad:

This one guy from DH forum says that my 2008 Trek 6000 (4" travel hardtail) might give out one day from doing the drops/kickers at Demo. What are the chances of my bike's frame cracking or fork breaking.

Has anyone ever had that happen to them (fork/frame break) in your biking experience and from doing what? What kind of bike?

I

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Nelson34 said:
I'm down to go but need to be done by 12-1 at the latest-let's do it! If anyone wants to carpool from san jose-hit me up
Let's start a 9am again, no playing around looking for mystery trails this time. I you just do a Sawpit run then head out on Hinhs you should be able to be done by then. I plan on going up Tractor but that'll results in a 1~2pm finish time for me.

I'm hoping to make it. If I can, I'll post up and if people wanna carpool from the South Bay they can PM me.

Travis

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
tsimbu said:
Let's start a 9am again, no playing around looking for mystery trails this time.
Don't worry Travis, I won't be there this time. ;) I'm heading to Rockville for the BTCEB Gala ride. Have fun out there, the trails should be perfect this weekend.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.