Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a few buddies and I wiIl be venturing to Austin from Houston for the first time come late March. Just wanted to ask for opinions from those of you who ride out there often on what trails you would reccomend. Back here in Houston, we ride Cypresswood, Memorial, Manko and Sugarland but want a new adventure..... any info would be great!

·
Fat Biker
426 Posts
I'm from Houston as well and jump at every chance I get to go ride in Austin. Ride the Barton Creek Greenbelt for something completely different than what we have in Houston and ride Walnut Creek's pump track.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks soccer_dude I'll have to check those out

@ laxman, I'm actually going to ride Rocky hill in a few weeks and really lloking forward to it but thanks.

And autin_bike I will definitely pm you prior to going, always nice to meet new people that share the love for this sport.

·
Got Mojo?
1,190 Posts
metric said:
And autin_bike I will definitely pm you prior to going, always nice to meet new people that share the love for this sport.
John (aka austin_bike) will give you the hookup for the Greenbelt. Pack a sandwich.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Austin trails

Try Pedernales Falls State Park and McKinney Falls State Park. They both offer pretty good singletrack, some horsetrails and some 1-2 grade hills. Stumps are not too bad. Park station is nearby and the local barbecue is a good reward afterward. Enjoy

·
Registered
10 Posts
most technical riding ive experienced in texas is Emma long park.. its a motor cycle park as well so be aware. check it out and wear a helmet.. it gets sketchy but its great fun haha

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
bradmo42 said:
most technical riding ive experienced in texas is Emma long park.. its a motor cycle park as well so be aware. check it out and wear a helmet.. it gets sketchy but its great fun haha
Hmm. You may want to go further West.

Bet there's some real good riding out there

·
bike rider
1,152 Posts
+1 for Emmalong which is also called City Park. It's easy to get to and it will be the most technical trail you will ride in Austin. Lots of people don't like it because there are some climbs there that you need some Trials skills to make but you can make all of them, I don't make all of them when I go but I have made them all. Walnut Creek is Crazy Fun you'll Love it. Also check out Warda (Bluff Creek Ranch)and Smithville (Rocky Hill Ranch), you won't be disappointed with either. PM me when you go if you need a guide, I love going up there. I built the Cypresswood Trailk in 1992, I used to live across the street from there and now I only live 2 miles from it.

Matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot Matt, I will definitely pm you prior to us going........it'll be nice to have a guide that know where to go.

·
Code Burr
1,381 Posts
A few of us will be there around 4/2-4. We've been to City Park and need to find someone to show us around Thumper and BCBG. Any volunteers? City Park had some good tech challenges and climbs but the flow wasnt that great. Is BCBG more fun? Which trail has the best downhills around Austin? Yeah I know this is Texas but there's gotta be some elevation somewhere, it is the hill country after all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts