Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I used to mountain bike in the late 80s and early 90s. Didn't ride again until 2010, when I bought a road bike, which I fell in love with and ride regularly. But I got the itch to ride a mountain bike again, and I finally broke down and made a purchase. Today was the maiden voyage. Wow, what a great afternoon it was!

I am hoping to find time to ride both bikes at least once a week. I do find them each challenging in their own ways, and I do think I'll benefit from the combination of road and trail.

See you on the trail one day!

Attachments

·
Braille Riding Instructor
1,146 Posts
Welcome to the dark side. That's a pretty nice bike to step into after a 15-year hiatus.

I wish the trails here were dry enough to ride, but at least they're skiable.

Have fun and be safe!

-- HP

·
Registered
100 Posts
hdparrish said:
Welcome to the dark side. That's a pretty nice bike to step into after a 15-year hiatus.

I wish the trails here were dry enough to ride, but at least they're skiable.

Have fun and be safe!

-- HP
hahahaha! i love the "darkside" quote. i was into paintball for the last several years and we called guys using electros "darksiders". i can definitely see how mountain bikers could be the "darksiders" of biking!

likewise, i am back into biking after a 20+ year break and i am loving it. i didnt go quite as full-tilt on my bike choice, but then again i live in the ATL so my scenery isnt as beautiful or rugged.

get some!

·
Registered
360 Posts
CaliforniaJed said:
I am hoping to find time to ride both bikes at least once a week. I do find them each challenging in their own ways, and I do think I'll benefit from the combination of road and trail.

I ride MTB and Road and enjoy the crap out of both. Never understood the people who have an attitude against the other kind of biker. Nice to see a positive comment form a dual biker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.