Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
mbtr member
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and i are going to northstar for our first time this wednesday and thursday. I was planning on riding my hardtail trailbike (marin rocky ridge) with clipless and just some long pants and shirt and an XC hat, since i don't own anything more appropriate. I don't know how much i'll go in the future, so i'm not sure if i want to invest in more DH specific gear. Will i be OK? What should we expect? I've always felt my bike was sufficient for the local trails, but would i be better off renting? What do you wish someone had told you the first time you went to the bike park? Thanks!

·
mbtr member
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha really? i didn't set the trip up. That's hilarious.

and crappy. :(

·
mbtr member
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup, you're right, not until the 20th. Well, he got free lodging for those days... where would a good alternative place to bike around tahoe be?

·
mbtr member
6,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mrpercussive said:
uuummmmm... downeville?
He's got some free timeshare deal in tahoe city. Downieville is a bit of a truck.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Scottzg,

There is tons of stuff in Tahoe to ride. Check out www.theflumetrail.com for the most famous of the rides (go to map section). Also tons of stuff around Truckee as well (Hole in the Ground is good I hear though have not ridden it). Toads I think is south Tahoe which will be a hike from Tahoe City.

Suggest you post in Norcal forum or just search the forum for places to go as there have been many many post asking for places to ride. Also there are quite a few books for Tahoe as well you can check out...just search google.

My suggestion is start at Mt Rose Meadows...do Rim Trail to Flume to Spooner Lake then get shuttled back. 20+ miles...beautiful scenery and a little descent for good portion of the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts