Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the visitor sticky thread hasn't been updated recently, so I'm looking for suggestions regarding a visit from 3/25/13-3/29/13.

I'm an experienced rider and mostly ride in Colorado's front range. What type of riding should I expect? What are the current trail conditions? Are there certain trails with conditions better than others this time of year? Do you have any preferences regarding directions for any given trails (ie should we simply ride Bootleg Canyon as a cross country trail, or should we take a shuttle and treat it as a downhill trail?)

Any suggestions for shops with nearby trail heads would be greatly appreciated. From my research, it seems All Mountain Cyclery is a great bet, so any similar suggestions would be great.

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
Las Vegas Cyclery has a good trail head close to it as well... they also rent bikes, guide, etc...
Our trails are always good!
We have a lil bit of everything/anything you could want.
We don't play that one way loop bs out here.... want respect, give respect!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Las Vegas Cyclery has a good trail head close to it as well... they also rent bikes, guide, etc...
We don't play that one way loop bs out here.... be respect, get respect!
Awesome! Great to know about the one way loop advice. There's plenty of trails in CO that I would suggest taking counter clock wise, counter clock wise, areas/times I would stay away from because of hikers/horses, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion on LVC. Cowboy Trail looks like a fun add-on to the trip. Just called LCV and they also suggested Bears Best.

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
Really you can't go wrong with any of our trail systems... it's all good stuff for the most part!!!

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
I won't be in Vegas on those dates, otherwise I would offer to show you around BBT... I might just know it a lil bit better than most! ;)

G

·
We don't play that one way loop bs out here.... want respect, give respect!
curious what do you play out there??

·
Viva la Vida!
791 Posts
Just like ImaFred stated
Really you can't go wrong with any of our trail systems... it's all good stuff for the most part!!!
By far the best place to hook up with other riders here in vegas is the Mountain Bike Las Vegas meet up group :thumbsup: and they do have a Full Moon ride going on tonight:

Full Moon Ride - Mountain Bike Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV) - Meetup

You could also suggest rides there and see who is available to take you for a tour. with over 1,000 members there's always someone up for a ride.
The Cowboy Trails are awesome and so is Bootleg Canyon for a more XC and little bit less technical trails Bluediamond\Cottonwood is great for a full day tour then for a "Quick" couple hrs ride we have Bear's Best or The Union Trails which are consider more of a backyard trail for many
Happy Trails

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great suggestions all around. Had a great trip. Did Bears Nest and Bootleg Canyon a couple of times (once as a xc and another as a dh). Planning on coming back in a month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts