Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the cajones and $$ to set myself up with a Bianchi S.A.S.S. I love it, but my riding style needs some adaptation for the rigid fork! Almost ate it in a steep woopdy-doo, but otherwise stomped the singletrack and downhills. Climbing the steep hills is another story...
I think my other rides are going to become dust collectors. Kudos for enticing me!

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Steel is real.

Nice ride.

I like Bianchi's current chrome SS and Track bikes. I was just eyeing the fixed gear track bike hanging from the shop ceiling.

You're bike handling skills are going to improve because of the no-frills rigid ride. Take it slow and learn how to negotiate stuff you just breezed over before on a bouncer fork.

How are your wrists feeling? I had a lot wrist discomfort when I was starting SS riding from all the out of saddle climbing with a straight/riser bar. Bar ends got rid of the discomfort.

Take some trail pics with that steed next time your out.

Happy trails!

·
Registered
31 Posts
dirtpaws said:
Nice ride.

I like Bianchi's current chrome SS and Track bikes. I was just eyeing the fixed gear track bike hanging from the shop ceiling.

You're bike handling skills are going to improve because of the no-frills rigid ride. Take it slow and learn how to negotiate stuff you just breezed over before on a bouncer fork.

How are your wrists feeling? I had a lot wrist discomfort when I was starting SS riding from all the out of saddle climbing with a straight/riser bar. Bar ends got rid of the discomfort.

Take some trail pics with that steed next time your out.

Happy trails!
When I first starting riding singlespeeds, I had some issues with my wrists tiring easily. After a few months, the problem went away.

Be careful, riding an SS is very addictive. I have a Giant NRS that hasn't left the garage in about 8 months thanks to my 2 singlespeeds. The NRS will be going up for sale soon. Riding trails with a "rigid" SS is a much different ride than with a suspension fork. I'm sure you'll love it! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mind was happy, body was sore

It is indeed a fun ride. Yeah, my wrists were achin' a bot. Although the thing that tired most was my forearms from the kung-fu grip I had on the bars to crank up the tough climbs! More pics will come from Standing Rocks (local trail). Until then...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the club..

I'm lucky, I got a late year model 03 SISS that has held up well...I got to admit, Bianchi gives a good bang for the buck. Yea, I like mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts