Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first SS rig at Broadway Bikes in baltimore after much research into what I wanted component wise and price. Decided the Bianchi S.A.S.S. was my rig of choice for the budget I had in mind. Here she sits in the stand getting a once over before her maiden voyage.

Met up witha buddy to tackle a the Loch raven trail in towson that wasn't too harsh for my first ride to get my feet wet and see what this puppy could do. My other rig is a 2002 Intense Tracer, so my first thought was that this thing was going to pound me to death. I was pleasantly surprised! I ripped through the first 2 singletracks with a smile ear to ear, and lost sight of my geared buddy in my giddiness. It took some getting used to climbing out of the saddle for everything but I found that i was cleaning the climbs much faster. It was a totally different feeling with the rigid fork as well. The Avid mechanical disks were great and stopped me on a dime when I needed it. All in all we turned around 15 miles, was gonna snag some pics but forgot the damn digital on the way out the door. Thanks to all who got my interests peaked into ssing in this forum!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I park a the church there as well. Then usually ride as much singletrack that I can which is 2 loops that I know of before providence. Then cross providence road and do the whole other side over there which isn't too much but it's a fun ride. Heck we should all go on a ss ride one day there. :) Im sure you guys have taken your ss to Avalon and other places as well, are you all at 32:16? It seemed fine for Loch raven but I'm wondering how Avalon and the more hilly trails would fare out with it. Schaffer farm would be perfect at 32:16 i bet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mud Muncher said:
Yep, I park a the church there as well. Then usually ride as much singletrack that I can which is 2 loops that I know of before providence. Then cross providence road and do the whole other side over there which isn't too much but it's a fun ride. Heck we should all go on a ss ride one day there. :) Im sure you guys have taken your ss to Avalon and other places as well, are you all at 32:16? It seemed fine for Loch raven but I'm wondering how Avalon and the more hilly trails would fare out with it. Schaffer farm would be perfect at 32:16 i bet.
I ride 36/18 with a 24" wheel. I know of people that ride avalon with a 2:1 though.

travis, i might have seen you in the resevoir a week or two ago, coming up one of the climbs, I was on a red rigid SS with a skate lid on. (if that's you, you made it look WAY too easy!)

I'm up for a ride whenever you guys would like, though beware, I'm slow :D

P.S. I'm free today!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SSweatleaf, I saw you there Friday! I was coming in on one of the singleteracks by the water, and saw you go by. Also saw you last week I think riding with another guy. That's too funny, next time I'll stop and say Hi. :) I'm racing Iron Hill tomorrow but next week we can set something up for a Loch Raven runabout. What times during the week after work are good for you all? I'm off at 3, can usually get to Loch Raven earliest by 4:30.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
What do you guys think about tuesday at 4:30? Meet at Seminary church parking lot?
Travis, you'd be welcome at any age. :) Heck my mentor who got me into mtn biking years ago is 56 and still my riding buddy, it's all about riding and having fun.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:) My buddy keeps busting my chops on the Bianchi saying the chromed out is too bling! I think he's just jealous. So he sends this pic via email to all the other guys we ride with telling them this is my new SS! Hehe! Hell I'd love to have that but I don't think it would be too trail friendly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts