Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I just wanna ride my bike
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is normally the land of mild weather, i.e. tons of rain, and green grass in the middle of winter has not been so this year. Vancouver has had more snow than Toronto (who hasn't had ANY snow yet this year)!! Oh well, the white stuff just adds new challenges to riding.

We hit up our local XC trail on Burnaby Mountain for a slog fest up the hill and then a slurpy ride down.

The group takes a breather before pushing up well-named Cardiac Hill.

Me just rollin'

CraigH making the wet ladder look easy. (Yes, the snow disappeared as we got lower down the mountain.)

With cold feet and squishy, wet shoes we enjoyed those post-ride beers. Mmmm, that was good! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Hey, easy there. EEEEAAAASYYYYYY!!!!!!! :eekster: Y'all can keep that fluffy white **** waaaaay over beyond'er! :thumbsup:

Nice pics! Smiles all around. :)

I always wondered what that Craig guy looked like. He looks like a fast dude. :p :D

·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AndrewTO said:
I always wondered what that Craig guy looked like. He looks like a fast dude. :p :D
He's faster then me! :D

And guess what? We got another 4 inches of snow this morning. Great for the commute to work :yikes: :madman:

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
TheotherH said:
He's faster then me! :D

And guess what? We got another 4 inches of snow this morning. Great for the commute to work :yikes: :madman:
OH NO!!!!! I'm sorry to hear about it. No, really, I AM! Considering most of the time y'all get rain to worry about, snow would suck. You're here to type, though, so i'm assuming your trip was problem-free. :thumbsup:

I "had it rough" this morning too ..... I had to scrape frost of my car windows this morning. :eek:

You should get some commuting pics up. :thumbsup:

·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AndrewTO said:
I "had it rough" this morning too ..... I had to scrape frost of my car windows this morning. :eek: :
I'm sure all Torontonians, heck, all Ontarions are gleefully laughing at us over here :rolleyes: But hey, at least our ski hills are open...for skiing. :D

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
TheotherH said:
I'm sure all Torontonians, heck, all Ontarions are gleefully laughing at us over here :rolleyes: But hey, at least our ski hills are open...for skiing. :D
:eekster: :nono:

Well, i've got you there. I'm not much for "winter play" (other than, ummm, errr, well "you know what"), so this is actually a real gem of a treat for me. :thumbsup: :) :p :D

However, being the "patriot" that I am ..... on behalf of all Ontarions that DO enjoy snow .....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madmax: :mad: :incazzato: :madman: (that was low!!!! but niiiiiiicceee! :lol: )

H - enjoy the slopes (if you're the snow type)!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Any of you wanna switch to Calgary for a while? :)

Well, I kinda wouldn't. OK, Vancouver maybe... sorry Andrew... :)
Just been there last week, the day they got the 15cm of snow. People were running around, terrified of the "white stuff"... hee hee.

We decided to go for a ride in Fishcreek Park (Calgary) last night. Just because the forecast changed and it was a 'balmy' minus 5. Felt great. Packed snow, beautiful night.

Last week, when I left to Vancouver... minus 30... yup.

So stop complaining... :thumbsup:

·
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ro.nin said:
Any of you wanna switch to Calgary for a while? :)
Hey, I lived in Calgary/Edmonton for a year in 95/96. Damn cold winter, minus 30 for weeks...brrr! So ya, Vancouver is kind of nice in comparison. :thumbsup:

Just been there last week, the day they got the 15cm of snow. People were running around, terrified of the "white stuff"... hee hee.
Well, that was a lot of snow for "winter/snow-phobes" living here :D Psssst...I'm not one of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.